A Segway smile is the realisation that you’ve learned something new and are having a fantastic time on a Segway PT. The Segway PT is more than a product; it’s an experience. Going from place to place becomes fun. Riders are empowered pedestrians that cover more ground, work smarter, are more productive and move more intelligently. The experience of gliding manifests itself in an ear-to-ear grin known as the Segway Smile.
A glide is a trip you take on a Segway PT. It simply and accurately describes the easy and smooth riding motion. Gliding is a fun way to meet new people, see the sights, or just get out and enjoy the day. It feels like nothing you’ve ever experienced! Step on and your instincts take over. You’ll quickly realise that the Segway PT will respond similarly to how you balance yourself – as if it were an extension of your body. Simply lean forward slightly and the Segway PT will move in response. It all feels incredibly natural and really cool.
The Segway PT balances the rider by applying forces to the ground in the direction of the lean. If you lean forward the Segway PT applies motor torque to the wheel to push it forward, bring you upright and balance you. When you lean back, it applies reverse torque to slow you down and balance you accordingly. The Segway PT’s Leansteer technology encourages riders to lean and move from Point A to B. Gently move the handlebar and LeanSteer frame in the direction you want to travel and feel the Segway PT respond.
Each Segway PT is equipped with two operational settings, ‘beginner’ or ‘turtle’ mode and ‘standard’ mode. The beginner setting is set to 10 km/h (6 mph) and the standard setting is set to travel up to 20 km/h (12.5 mph). On a single charge the cross country X2 can support a trip of up to 19 km (12 miles). Keep in mind that travel distances are dependent on payload, riding style and terrain. In addition, batteries will recharge when traveling down hills. You’ll be amazed at just how far the Segway PT can take you.
Requirements to ride a Segway
Riding a Segway only requires a basic level of physical fitness and skill. They are self balancing and make a great adventure activity for all generations. However, it is still necessary to be able to balance yourself and maintain control of the Segway at all times. It is essentially a moving platform with a steering arm. For safety reasons all Segway Tour South Coast participants must:
- Be at least 12 years of age
- Weigh between 45 kg (100 lb) and 110 kg (240 lb)
- Not have a medical condition, disability or prior injury that may affect the control of a Segway
- Not be under the influence of alcohol or drugs, including prescription medications, that may affect the control of a Segway
- Be physically able, i.e. can walk quickly on stairs without handrail, hold tight with both hands, balance and stand for 1 – 2 hours
- Be able to understand written and verbal instructions
- Not be pregnant
Customer safety is our highest priority
Yes. In fact, training is incorporated into the entire Segway activity and designed to progressively build rider skills and maximise enjoyment. It all begins with comprehensive rider instructions. Participants learn what a Segway is, how it works and how to ride it safely. There is even a demonstration. Riders are then personally assisted onto a Segway to practice basic manoeuvres in an open level grass area. The Segway speed is initially limited to ‘turtle’ / slow mode, making it easier to learn. Once everyone has mastered the basics the activity moves on at a pace to suit the group. Participants are reminded of key points along the way and assisted as required. You are in good hands with our qualified guides, who know how to make your Segway experience fun, safe and memorable.
Gift vouchers can be redeemed by simply entering the gift voucher when prompted while booking a tour online. Just click on “Have a code?”.
Please note that gift vouchers:
- Can only be redeemed for a tour that is scheduled within the 12 month validity period
- Should be redeemed at your earliest convenience to secure your preferred date and tour
- Will not have the expiry date extended for any reason
- Cannot be redeemed for cash
Bookings are essential to secure a place and confirm a Segway Tour, which requires a minimum of 4 participants. To book online:
- Click the BOOK NOW button
- SELECT AN EXPERIENCE – Select the preferred tour, date and time (if presented with the timeline)
- BOOKING DETAILS – Enter the number of guests, contact details and click Continue
- CHECKOUT – Enter your payment details, any Gift Voucher by pressing “Have a code?” and click Pay
- TERMS – Review and accept the terms of service and receive an email acknowledging your booking request
- If/when the tour is confirmed you will receive a “Booking Confirmed” email with details and payment will be processed
All communications are encrypted using SSL/TLS encryption (256 bits), the same level of encryption used by banks.
Segway Games can be booked anytime by contacting us. You can either click on the ENQUIRE NOW button and complete the contact form or call us on 0402 000 222.
Coolangatta Estate is located at 1335 Bolong Road, Shoalhaven Heads NSW 2535.
Travelling south along the Princes Motorway (A1):
- Take the Gerringong Exit (B65), south of Kiama
- Continue along Fern St, Gerringong
- Continue along Crooked River Road, Gerringong
- Continue along Gerroa Road, Berry
- Continue along Bolong Road, Shoalhaven Heads
- Arrive at Coolangatta Estate
Travelling north along the Princes Motorway (A1):
- Turn right onto Bolong Rd, Bomaderry (north of Nowra Bridge)
- At the roundabout take the 2nd exit onto Bolong Rd, Bomaderry
- Follow Bolong Rd for approximately 12 kilometres
- Arrive at Coolangatta Estate
Allow travel time from:
- Berry (10 minutes)
- Gerringong (15 minutes)
- Nowra (15 Minutes)
- Kiama (25 minutes)
- Jervis Bay (40 minutes)
- Wollongong (1 hour)
- Ulladulla (1 hour)
- Southern Highlands (1 hour 15 minutes)
- Sydney (2 hours)
- Canberra (2 hours 30 minutes)
Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your Segway activity for registration. We also recommend you dress appropriately for the weather. Enclosed flat soled shoes are essential and extra loose clothing should be avoided. Make sure you bring a camera or phone to capture those special moments. A rain jacket if provided, if required. A carry bag is available on each Segway PT for these and any other small items. Alternatively, a light backpack can be brought along.
In the event of light rain the Segway activity will proceed. The Segway PT is sealed to allow it to operate in wet weather. Complimentary rain jackets are available if required. However, in the case of extreme weather the activity will be cancelled by the operator.
- Personal information will not be sold or given to any third party without the consent of the customer other than in the delivery of the operator‘s services
- The operator will not be responsible for any loss or event occurring as a result of any unauthorised use of information by a third party
- The operator does not accept responsibility for the conduct of third parties, who may have links on the operator‘s web site
- The operator will retain and use customer information as long as necessary to comply with legal obligations, resolve any disputes and protect their rights or the safety of individuals
- The operator may send booking notification emails to the email address provided as part of the service provided by the operator
- The operator may send periodic newsletters and/or related service information by email, providing an option to unsubscribe
- The operator strives to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information by reviewing and updating security measures ongoing
- The operator reserves the right to withdraw or vary advertised locations, routes, inclusions, prices and scheduled times for activities without notice
- Customers with prepaid tour bookings or unredeemed gift vouchers will always receive equivalent value
- The operator reserves the right to modify all or part of the terms of service without notice
Segway Tours South Coast seeks to act as a good corporate citizen at all times.
Each year, we receive many requests for donations and unfortunately can’t assist everyone. Only requests that meet our marketing, community, partnership and environmental objectives will be considered. Budgetary constraints also limit the extent of donations that can be made.
Donations are provided in the form of Segway services only, including gift vouchers. Donations are given unencumbered to registered charities where a tax receipt to the value of goods can be provided. Donations to other organisations are given in return for agreed acknowledgement and considered sponsorship.
Donation requests can be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.